DCOP server - no connection

From: Little Monster (root_at_localhost.localdomain)
Date: 10/27/03

    Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:08:08 GMT

    I would sometimes like to be able to start a kde app as a different user
    to the owner of the x session, and I get the following message:

    User@theputer:~$ /opt/kde/bin/knode & [7] 2688
    User@theputer:~$ sh: line 1: iceauth: command not found ICE Connection
    rejected!
    DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason
    : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and
    host-based authentication failed

    ICE Connection rejected!
    DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason
    : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and
    host-based authentication failed DCOPServer self-test failed.

    sh: line 1: iceauth: command not found kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be
    started, aborting. ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Can't setup DCOP
    communication.

    Then the app just bombs out. I don't know if this is a fault with
    Slackware, or something is wrong in my home directory (I have tried
    alternative "different users" for this and the result is the same) The
    dcop server is running! I can do:

    monster@theputer:~$ cat .DCOPserver_theputer_:0
    local/theputer:/tmp/.ICE-unix/dcop774-1067271966 774

    monster@theputer:~$ cat .DCOPserver_theputer__0
    local/theputer:/tmp/.ICE-unix/dcop774-1067271966 774

    What is preventing clients from connecting to it, and what can I do to fix
    it? This is dark magic to me, all help greatly appreciated!

    Tia, Monster

    --
    Spam will eat itself