SCO: how to profit from losing a lawsuit.

From: pragmatist (compendiary_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/04/03

Date: 4 Dec 2003 14:52:38 -0800

It's really quite tricky and you have to promise not to tell anyone,
but all you need to do is:

1- Pick an issue that some people understand and a lot of people
don't.
2- Make stuff up that is obviously bullshit and extremely damaging to
those that do have some knowledge of the issues...
3- ...But be economical with the truth so that it looks, to the
average stock-market-player, like it could make your company a lot of
money.

The beauty of this approach is the people in (2) will be absolutley
livid and ensure your lawsuit gets a lot of publicity so that the
people in (3) will buy your shares.

Be sure to sue a large organisation and make the stakes really high
(say, a billion dollars); this will help ensure the claim is not
processed quickly, and will give you time to sell your (now valuable)
stock options before the company goes bankrupt or is bought out.
Clever, huh?

If you ever feel a sneaking guilty type feeling creeping over you due
to the damage you're doing to other people's businesses, and to
consumers in general, just remember the money and you'll feel better.
Also maybe take up smack.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SCO: how to profit from losing a lawsuit.
    ... > people in will buy your shares. ... > Be sure to sue a large organisation and make the stakes really high ... just remember the money and you'll feel better. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Does Greece produce anything?
    ... There are no jobs in Greece. ... I can get more in interest from a bank and my money will be safer. ... There are far better companies that I could invest my money in at the ... You would now have 5000 shares. ...
    (soc.culture.greek)
  • Re: Saving Money: Fluorescent replacment lightbulbs (cut your power bill by 50%)
    ... Sue wrote in message ... That's fine because as long as it's actually pumping out heat ... Mine is set to hold the house at 60° ... > The central air is what costs me the most money. ...
    (misc.survivalism)
  • Re: Karla, usenet (litigious) moron
    ... it boils to a question of money i.e. power. ... To successfully sue, you have to show actual damages. ... If making fun of Mickey in a satire skit of Steamboat Willie (or ...
    (rec.arts.poems)
  • Re: How Many Shares Does Somebody Own?
    ... money to for a long time, that he holds 40,000 shares in an oil ... he is moving his money around and giving stories to his creditors. ... still doesn't pay then there's bailiffs and finally bankruptcy. ... The large amount of money he was ...
    (uk.legal)