Error when running insmod

From: Erez (moshe_hamevoded_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/21/03

Date: 21 Dec 2003 07:53:15 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to register a kernel module. This module uses 3 functions
from /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-14/drivers/scsi/hosts.h:
scsi_unregister_module
scsi_register
scsi_register_module

The compilation is ok but When running insmod, I get the following
errors:
srp.o: unresolved symbol scsi_unregister_module
srp.o: unresolved symbol scsi_register
srp.o: unresolved symbol scsi_register_module

Any idea?
I'm new to kernel modules (and Linux), so maybe the answer is really
simple...

Thanks in advance
Erez

Relevant Pages

  • How do I access the routing table from the kernel?
    ... We're writing a ... kernel module, which should be able to check if an address is in the ... load it, we get 'unresolved symbol fib_lookup'. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • kernel module unresolved symbol
    ... We are coding a kernel module for 2.2.26 version, ... string.h> but as soon as we load the module, insmod ourmod.o, we get ... unresolved symbol strchr, who can help us? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.apps)
  • kernel module unresolved symbol
    ... We are coding a kernel module for 2.2.26 version, ... string.h> but as soon as we load the module, insmod ourmod.o, we get ... unresolved symbol strchr, who can help us? ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • kernel module unresolved symbol
    ... We are coding a kernel module for 2.2.26 version, ... string.h> but as soon as we load the module, insmod ourmod.o, we get ... unresolved symbol strchr, who can help us? ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • kernel module unresolved symbol
    ... We are coding a kernel module for 2.2.26 version, ... string.h> but as soon as we load the module, insmod ourmod.o, we get ... unresolved symbol strchr, who can help us? ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)