Re: Problem with kernel 2.4.21-138-smp

From: Sybren Stüvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.imagination.com)
Date: 01/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 14:24:54 +0100

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 05:22:11 -0800, Mr Cavalin wrote:

> Are you sure, how could I verify whether a kernel is official or
> not?

Official, vanilla kernels have a version like "2.4.24", without any
"-132" or "-smp" behind it.

Sybren

--
(o_   Q: God, root, what is difference?
//\   A: God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: questions qasas 28:1-7
    ... it is from the same root. ... There were others in the land besides Jews and some of them were ... sons are killed then there are no heirs. ... in 28:5 god wants to make these ...
    (soc.religion.islam)
  • of causation of 911
    ... The Evangelicals claim money is the root of all evil and the Buddhists ... Om sri Raama jaya Raama jaya jaay Raama. ... (God, homage to Raama hail Raama hail hail Raama.) ...
    (soc.culture.indian)
  • Re: Installing RH 6.0 on Compaq Deskpro 4000
    ... If you keep to ancient versions of Linux: ... I wouldn't stick to redhat if I were you. ... God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Realtime automated audio volume daemon
    ... Sometimes I fell asleep as well, and I wake up moaning too... ... sound gets loud, it quickly turns the volume down. ... God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: Why Longhorn will be Open Source
    ... Why not get a real usenet program? ... usually best to add a Followup-To header, so you do get attention from ... God can change the byte order on the CPU, root can't. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)