Dual Boot Hangs (Fedora & Win2K)

From: testingForEchoes (testforecho_at_volcanomail.com)
Date: 01/18/04

    Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:11:28 GMT

    I was running dual boot Mandrake 9.2 with Win2K. I installed Fedora over
    the Mandrake 9.2 using Fedora's auto partition and left the Win NTFS
    parition intact. My current partitions are:
    /dev/hda1/ ext3
    /dev/hda2/ ext3
    /dev/hda2/ linux swap

    /dev/hdb1/ ntfs
    /dev/hdb2/ linux swap

    The problem is I can not get Win2K to appear. When my Fedora boot loader
    comes up it gives me the option of Fedora or DOS. If I select DOS, I get a
    message 'booting DOS, rootnoverify(hd1,0), chainloader+1' but the system
    hangs.
    I tried changing the rootnoverify and when I change it to
    rootnoverify(hd1,1), I get a message 'Error 13, invalid or unsupportable
    executable format'. I also tried putting the Win2K CD in the drive and
    reinstalling Win2K, but the bootloader goes straight to the Fedora boot
    loader screen.

    How can I get Win2K to boot?

    Thanks,
    TFE

    • Re: how to boot linux and mount ntfs?
      ... I would like to use a linux installation DVD-ROM (Fedora 5) to boot my ... machine and mount the NTFS on my harddisk. ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: FAT32 v.s NTFS
      ... Why not make a floppy that will boot you into Win2K? ... This boot floppy should work for either NTFS or FAT HD volumes. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.file_system)
    • Re: dual-boot, 2k and Fedora Core 2
      ... I can boot the Fedora OK. ... When I attempt to boot the win2k, I see the aforementioned lines (the ... I intended that grub should have ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: dual-boot, 2k and Fedora Core 2
      ... but I am pretty darn certain that NTFS is what I ... I booted fedora and ran the command: ... I"m now optimistic that the win2k disk is still intact, ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: "Dynamic" H/D on XP is unreadable in WIn2000 ???
      ... I keep the wn2k h/d disconnected until I need to boot ... Recently I added a new 250g SATA h/d under XP, and, the ONLY way I ... the full 250g and then let me format it as NTFS. ... lots of data on it, and, today, I needed to boot up under win2k, so I ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)