Re: Free linux?

From: Gordon Pettey (petteyg359_at_swbell.net)
Date: 01/19/04

    Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 23:00:31 GMT

    No duh there's a fee. You're buying CDs full of software of which some (or a
    large amount) was written by their developer's. Just because it's
    open-source doesn't mean it doesn't take time and money to produce it, it
    didn't pop out of nowhere. Now, name a place that provides full-time support
    from people who know about their own software for free? They also have to
    print manuals for their boxed OSes. Paper is expensive. If you don't need a
    manual or customer support, and you want it free, then just download it.
    Pretty simple.