Re: Help Printing from WinXP to Fedora via SAMBA

From: Jan Stedehouder (j.stedehouder_at_hccnet.nl)
Date: 02/03/04

    Date: 3 Feb 2004 02:29:37 -0800

    USMC Sniper <md_usmc@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.02.01.16.48.41.68937@nospam.yahoo.com>...
    > I am running Fedora core 1 on my desktop and WinXP on a notebook. I am
    > able to share files between the 2 machines just fine. I am having trouble
    > printing from the WinXP machine thru SAMBA. With my current smb.conf file
    > I am able to (seemingly) install the network printers on WinXP (they are
    > physically connected to the desktop) but when I go to print nothing
    > happens. No error message or access denied message, just nothing. It's
    > like the print job just vanishes after leaving WinXP. Can anyone help?

    Agree with that. I have the same configuration, using Fedora as
    printserver. Shares are OK and can be seen and used by Windows XP. The
    printer can be seen by XP, but not used (acces denied). Strange enough
    there is a folder Printer/ Faxmachines, which has an icon to the
    printer and I am able to print a testmessage in that way.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Jan Stedehouder