Head spinning decisions

From: robbie carlton (robbiefcarlton_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/07/04

Date: 7 Apr 2004 07:16:39 -0700

I'm a hobbying programmer who doesn't like installing things. I want
to use Linux to develop software using x86 assembly, C, Java and Lisp,
and I want to learn to code for X windows. Question is, I don't know
which distribution to use. I want documentation and have a dial-up
connection, so I'm probably gonna be buying a boxed set. Does anyone
have any suggestions? cheers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with jython installer
    ... Linux kernel, with a totally other set of surrounding tools.... ... Java 7 environment. ... I made the mistake of installing the Ubuntu Jython ... they really want to be the Apple of the Linux world. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Head spinning decisions
    ... > I'm a hobbying programmer who doesn't like installing things. ... > to use Linux to develop software using x86 assembly, C, Java and Lisp, ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: problem with FreeBSD.
    ... > I have a problem with installing some applications in FreeBSD on ... > pentium iii 866 computer, such as java run time for linux from SUN, and ... > Solaris 7 for linux from SUN. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: JAVA plugin for linux-seamonkey
    ... isn't showing java support. ... Since you are running a Linux binary, you have to use a Linux version of ... Try installing one of the Linux JDK's. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Learning Lisp the hard way
    ... Note I do not want to advocate Java over lisp, ... they have ported their IDE) because they do have a nice IDE closer to ... Next on my list of disappointments is exception handling. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)