Re: Video Card suggestions

From: Sybren Stuvel (sybrenUSE_at_YOURthirdtower.imagination.com)
Date: 07/02/04

Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 12:30:17 +0200

TheMartian enlightened us with:
> Any suggestions welcome for a new video card for my Linux box. My
> needs are for as much grunt as possible as the box is used for 3D
> modeling, and Video editing

Get a good NVidida card.

> running 2.4.22 Kernel

Why such an old kernel? 2.6.7 is out already...

> current thoughts are along the lines of ATI 9800XT

Don't. The ATI drivers suck. NVidia's drivers are closed-source, but
at least they perform well and support all your card's functionality.

Sybren

  • Re: Video Card suggestions
    ... >>Any suggestions welcome for a new video card for my Linux box. ... >>needs are for as much grunt as possible as the box is used for 3D ... The ATI drivers suck. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: OT: Anyone seen the Wallander series on BBC 1?
    ... Filmed using the Red One Camera I believe and even standard non HDTV ... Hmm. ... My PC just doesn't seem to have enough grunt to render 720p video. ... I bought a video card that supposedly does it in hardware but it makes ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Video Card suggestions
    ... Any suggestions welcome for a new video card for my Linux box. ... are for as much grunt as possible as the box is used for 3D modeling, ... Proud to be 100% Microsoft Free ...
    (comp.os.linux)