Re: Flash drives?

From: Jonathan Edwards (jonatha_at_qx.net)
Date: 03/12/05

Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:19:50 -0500

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:58:50 -0800, Poly-poly Man wrote:

> The drive comes out as /mnt/flash, and as /dev/sd0. when I try to open
> it though, it gives me an error about "incorrect superblocks". About
> the crazy junk, I was referring to Knoppix, which mounts the flash
> drive and my usb floppy as several /dev/sda's or sdb's. None of them,
> under knoppix, work.
>
> THanks,
> poly-p man

If you have not already done so, you might try making sure Linux knows the
flash drive has a fat or vfat filesystem. Do "man mount" for details on
the exact form of mount command to issue...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: highly secure live CD distro
    ... >> i'm unsure whether Knoppix will mount your hard disk by default. ... "GET" requests come from an arbitrary higher number port, ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Reiser4 status: benchmarked vs. V3 (and ext3)
    ... We've already got about an order of magnitude improvement in mount time ... just use pointers directly into flash instead. ... we would otherwise have to glean by scanning the whole of the eraseblock ... it picks a 'victim' eraseblock, generally one of the 'dirtiest' (i.e. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • flash memory drives cannot initially mount rw -- SOLVED ODDLY
    ... So, to mount my flash drive read-write, I must always mount in two steps, ... writing to flash memory with the latest access time). ... Since flash drives are praised as the replacement for diskettes, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: highly secure live CD distro
    ... Peter Rehäußer wrote: ... > i'm unsure whether Knoppix will mount your hard disk by default. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Macro Photography Help
    ... forwards and backwards until the eyes are in focus. ... I have not used flash with macro. ... to have several hotfoot mounts on one hotfoot mount... ...
    (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)