Re: Linux/Samba w/ multiple users

From: Ivan Marsh (annoyed_at_you.now)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:38:07 -0600

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:47:58 -0800, robbie wrote:

> But I don't think that those folders will show up when the users log
> in, will they? When anyone logs in, it puts them into their home
> folders (as far as I can tell). So does configuring those folders as
> you've described cause them to appear to whomever logs in with his name?

What do you mean by "show up"?

All the folders the user has access to will be listed when the user
browses to the Linux box.

The user will be able to map Windows drives to those folders and should be
able to make those mappings persistent so they are mapped every time the
user logs in.

Are you expecting something beyond that?

--
Life is short, but wide. -KV

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Low Disk Space on SBS 2003 SP2
    ... When moving folders, especially your Exchange data base, revisit the ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ... Look at where the ISA logs are kept if you have SBS Premium. ... You can move the page file to another partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Low Disk Space on SBS 2003 SP2
    ... When moving folders, especially your Exchange data base, revisit the ... How to move Exchange databases and logs in Exchange Server 2003 ... Look at where the ISA logs are kept if you have SBS Premium. ... You can move the page file to another partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exch 2003 -> Exch 2007 SP1 Public Folder Replication Problem
    ... The logs show that replication is being attempted, but it fails with an error 554 5.6.0, citing a property validation error. ... Outlook was able to see the content of the two folders. ... Yea, it was always there, just not replicated to the 2007 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Partition size change required
    ... Sounds like you have a Dell Server:) ... I have found that moving the exchange logs and message stores has ... How to Move Small Business Server 2000 Company and Users Shared Folders ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Exch 2003 -> Exch 2007 SP1 Public Folder Replication Problem
    ... The logs show that replication is being attempted, but it fails with an error 554 5.6.0, citing a property validation error. ... exist only on the original Exchange 2003 server and are not replicated to the new system). ... Outlook was able to see the content of the two folders. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)