Re: Linux/Samba w/ multiple users

From: Ivan Marsh (annoyed_at_you.now)
Date: 03/25/05

Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:38:07 -0600

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 09:47:58 -0800, robbie wrote:

> But I don't think that those folders will show up when the users log
> in, will they? When anyone logs in, it puts them into their home
> folders (as far as I can tell). So does configuring those folders as
> you've described cause them to appear to whomever logs in with his name?

What do you mean by "show up"?

All the folders the user has access to will be listed when the user
browses to the Linux box.

The user will be able to map Windows drives to those folders and should be
able to make those mappings persistent so they are mapped every time the
user logs in.

Are you expecting something beyond that?

--
Life is short, but wide. -KV