Re: how to transfer files from windows to linux

From: R Smith (rsm____at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 04/09/05

    Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:30:30 -0400

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:19:13 -0700, Daniel Jones wrote:

    > Hello, I'm relatively new to Linux and am enjoying it immensely (I am
    > running SuSe 9.1), however, I also have windows 2000 as it still has
    > some important docs that I need to keep. Each OS has it's own hd and
    > neither OS sees the other hard drive. My question is how can I transfer
    > files from one hd to the other without having to burn cd's and flop
    > between OS? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    2000 probably uses ntfs, not vfat. So write support to windows from linux
    might be dangerous, but see src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/ntfs.txt
    assuming the kernel source is installed somewhere.

    Also http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

    If you want a more recent distro, several magazines have dvds included.
    Also irc gives faster answers than USENET (oops, did I shout?).