Re: how to transfer files from windows to linux

From: R Smith (rsm____at_bellsouth.net)
Date: 04/09/05

    Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 00:30:30 -0400

    On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:19:13 -0700, Daniel Jones wrote:

    > Hello, I'm relatively new to Linux and am enjoying it immensely (I am
    > running SuSe 9.1), however, I also have windows 2000 as it still has
    > some important docs that I need to keep. Each OS has it's own hd and
    > neither OS sees the other hard drive. My question is how can I transfer
    > files from one hd to the other without having to burn cd's and flop
    > between OS? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    2000 probably uses ntfs, not vfat. So write support to windows from linux
    might be dangerous, but see src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/ntfs.txt
    assuming the kernel source is installed somewhere.

    Also http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

    If you want a more recent distro, several magazines have dvds included.
    Also irc gives faster answers than USENET (oops, did I shout?).

    • Re: What is a MVP?
      ... I made no claim about my person other than I worked as support for Unix ... Windows is like a platform. ... Do I consider you to be yet another Linux troll?.. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
      ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • RE: Windows 98 box is owned
      ... even though I still have to convert my wife and parents over to Linux, ... > longer have support in the future. ... Windows PC's require a lot of overhead to keep ... >>2) Install ZoneAlarm. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Ive dumped Linux and moved to Windows XP.
      ... > Presumably Windows own 'Add/Remove programmes' does not qualify? ... is that 3rd party support is king. ... apps at a time when everyone else kept their systems proprietary. ... And no, linux doesn't fulfill all of these requirements, ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Ive dumped Linux and moved to Windows XP.
      ... > Presumably Windows own 'Add/Remove programmes' does not qualify? ... is that 3rd party support is king. ... apps at a time when everyone else kept their systems proprietary. ... And no, linux doesn't fulfill all of these requirements, ...
      (alt.os.linux)