IPTABLES question, multiple rules.

From: Hernán Freschi (hjf.usenet_at_hjf.com.ar)
Date: 04/20/05

Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:07:24 -0300

Hi, I have a question. I've set up a PPTP server with PoPToP for a VPN
server. This server will be shared among several customers, each one a
different company with many connections. So i'll have:
CLIENTS 1, 2, 3, 4 belong to company A
clients 5, 6, 7 and 8 belong to company B.

I'll assign, say, 10.10.1.1 to client 1, 10.10.1.2 to client 2, and so
on, basically 10.10.1.0/24 to company A, and 10.10.2.0/24 to company B.

All clients will connect to the same VPN server, but this server will
automatically assign the right IP address, based on the username. So, in
order to keep packets within each customer's network, I do something like:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP

iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.1.0/24 -d 10.10.1.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.2.0/24 -d 10.10.2.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -s 10.10.3.0/24 -d 10.10.3.0/24 -j ACCEPT

So for every company I add, I need a new rule. Is this the only way to
go, or is there an easier way to do this?

hjf

--
Sí esta atascado, fuércelo. Sí se rompe, es que necesitaba ser reemplazado.
http://www.hjf.com.ar/

Relevant Pages

  • RE: VPN Connection Problems
    ... Note that we are able to successfully VPN into the office. ... to browse the network, RDP to the server or even ping the server. ... > This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: VPN issue on SBS2003
    ... I understand that you encountered VPN connection issue when you use VPN to ... Internet clients or VPN to external VPN Server from SBS Client computers? ... Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard ... Total GRE packets sent = 1 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows 2003 VPN Default Gateway Issues
    ... on the same subnet as the server leads me to believe it was a routing ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on http://www.HowToNetworking.com ... the default gateway on the client is not the problem. ...
  • Re: ISA2004 kills VPN outbound
    ... Extract all files to a folder on ISA server. ... Expand the server node and highlight 'Monitoring'. ... After the VPN connection was established, ... |> Since the branch office workstations can connect to the VPN server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Secure VPN access
    ... with it's security option for the client. ... After getting the VPN connection I check the Ip settings and found the ... point to the head ISP's DNS server. ... > Computer certificates for L2TP/IPSec VPN connections ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)