NEWBIE with gotmail problem: Of course, its not a command, you idiot

Hi,

I just downloaded and tried gotmail, but it keeps coming up with a weird
error message instead of doing its job:

[andy@localhost ~]$ gotmail -u (censored_user_name) -p red&Grape
[1] 28516
bash: Grape: command not found
[andy@localhost ~]$ Could not parse redirect location

Of course, its not a command, you idiotic program! It is the last part of
my password!

What is gotmail thinking of??? It wanted my &+*!@~\- password, and I gave
it my *%!`[;= password and it messed things up.

So what did I do wrong this time?????

[Don't worry I doctored the first quarter of my password and omitted my
username -- and I just changed it, anyway.]

--
Andy - The Cheerful Pickle

  • Re: rsync through gateway
    ... suggested that I try it without a bash function. ... and I got the exact same error message. ... command line was shell specific, ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: strange bash behavior
    ... This morning I have been puzzled by bash. ... if the "break" command appears in a subshell: ... You didn't get an error message, so part of bash thinks it is in context. ... Yet it did not exit the loop. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: if eslif fi . . .in BASH
    ... is error message comprehension. ... What do you think bash ... or fellow expert why bash can't find 'elsif', ... the real hell would have been if a command by ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • [SLE] find command in SuSE 9.2 dont work properly
    ... the "find" command is buggy. ... On all older versions of SuSE and on all other linux distributions I ... linux:/bin # ls bash ... I don't get this error message on SuSE 9.1 and I thing the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: USB neu starten
    ... PCI Interrupt Link enabled at IRQ 7 ... bash: SLPB: command not found ... bash: syntax error near unexpected token `supports' ... achim@achim:~$ ReiserFS: hdc5: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.hardware)