Re: New to Fedora & Thunderbird

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:43:27 -0600, Junkyard2 wrote:

I just downloaded RHEL4 from Redhat the other day using Internet
explorer on Windows XP PRO. Had the same problem. RedHat suggests that
you download with a browser other than Internet Explorer. I did this on
a linux box using Firefox and had no problems.

I used wget on Mandriva Linux to fetch/burn all the isos. :)

I went back, formated FC5 again, did not add any packages other than
the defaults, and was able to complete the install and get all updates.

One of the java add on packages I picked during install has the
problem. I have not gotten back to find exactly which one.

Slowly adding what I wanted in the first attempt.

  • Re: Best Linux version to port from OpenServer 5.0.5/6
    ... > We are embarking on a project to port from OpenServer 5.0.5/6, to Linux. ... something that doesn install aload of crap you don't need... ... The package management allows easy installs of packages, ... Debian will never die!,See the social ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Suggestion for Common Third Party Install system
    ... I have been working over strategies for Linux on the desktop. ... Third party applications are tricky. ... they currently have two options - to include packages for all the ... Perhaps on the install CD, or in the /etc/ directory, or with the ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Simple HowTo
    ... Install location by years of convention from the roots of UNIX ... Linux distribution has ... the software packages all ready compiled and standardized as for file ... don't think apache and tomcat would be. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: No space left on device
    ... > I'm a VERY new linux user trying to administer an existing linux box to ... The distribution comes with many packages which duplicate each ... and only support hard drives up to 8Gig (try ... you want, and install it). ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)