Re: Help with corrupt MBR please

Red Kite wrote:

I have a USB HDD which I used during the installation of a Linksys NSLU2.
I let the NSLU2 format it, and it worked OK on the NSLU2. I now need to
return it to its original job as a USB HDD on a Windows system.
However I cannot reformat it as the MBR appears to be corrupt - being a
USB device the normal DOS tools cannot get at it. At the moment I have it
attached to a Linux system but cannot work out how to fix the MBR - once I
can get it to a clean EXT2 or even unformatted then the Windows system can
handle it.

Yes, there are DOS tools that can read/write usb hard drives, and Windows
can also reformat the drive, so no problem so far......

So you can see it Linux, right????

Assuming the usb drive is the first and only SCSI device seen by Linux;

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda count=1 bs=512

--
"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."