Re: RAID Failed?

sort of. When I installed my 3ware hardware raid controller on my new Mandrake 2006 server, smartctrl is there too. i need to get it scheduled and whatnot. no more fake or soft raid for me. im sick of it.

the drive was bad. a 3rd drive that i had copied stuff onto during this failure went bad as well. luckily i had also forced myself copied to cdrom.

Gotta love Maxtor...In fairness they were probably cooking for 3 years now. But when i put the drive on the dead shelf I noticed a twin :P obviously that '3rd' drive was the 2nd drive in an old raid set a while back...

Thomas Worthington wrote:
Have you installed and run smartctl to get a health check on the drives?

TW