Re: xubuntu and legacy nic
- From: John Scudder <jscudder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 00:53:35 GMT
Dmitry Rodin wrote:
19-Aug-06 06:24:01, John Scudder wrote to Segin
Subject: Re: xubuntu and legacy nic
JS> No it is an ISA card. It seems ubuntu doesn't like older cards.
JS> I tried two other ISA nic's. The results were the same for both
Your ISA cards is plug and play? If no, it cannot be autodetected anyway.
Intel ISA NICs should be work with eexpress or eepro (not eepro100!!!)
module. See Ethernet-HOWTO for useful information.
If required module is not installed in your system, try to update default
kernel. Download new kernel source and rebuild it with modules for ISA NICs.
The eepro IS the correct one now that I think about it. I know I used this card way back with SuSE 6.x or 7.x. The eepro module is not installed by default in xubuntu.
Thanks for your reply.
- Prev by Date: Re: xubuntu and legacy nic
- Next by Date: Re: RAID 1 issue
- Previous by thread: Re: xubuntu and legacy nic
- Next by thread: Re: RAID 1 issue