ati drivers and kde

Hi all,

I installed ati-drivers but the ATI control icons didn't appear in my kde
menu. What can be reason of this problem?
The second problem is opegl. The fglrx module is loaded and used, I switched
to ati opengl (eselect opengl set ati), fglrx tools report the opengl is
from ati drivers but in kde information center after clicking on OpenGl icon
mesa drivers are reported.
What should I reinstalled to have those features?
Some times ago I installed ati drivers and everything was correct.

Regards
Jacek

  • Re: ati x1600 problem
    ... OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc. ... OpenGL renderer string: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 ... Load "bitmap" ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: A very sad personal decision with regard to "pc games"....
    ... ATi *doesn't* appreciate this freeware author showing up their Catalyst team. ... If you read their driver downgrades faq you'll probably find a comment about uninstalling any curent drivers _completely_ & then rebooting, ... Why use OpenGL with Kotor if you have an ATI card anyway? ... There was the hardware mouse driver bug early on which caused the game to crash, ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Quicktime Issues>Buzzing and Crashing
    ... Net Framework 1.1 ... ATI Catalyst Control Center (combined with NF1.1 for OpenGL usage) ... NEEDED codecs as they came along, but still have issues for several months. ...
  • Re: Quicktime Issues>Buzzing and Crashing
    ... > Net Framework 1.1 ... > implementing the Framework and ATI CCC for OpenGL. ... > NEEDED codecs as they came along, but still have issues for several ...
  • Re: xorg 7 and ATI proprietary driver (fglrx)
    ... On 19/06/06, Erik Steffl wrote: ... and lsmod confirms that fglrx is loaded ... OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect ... Identifier "ATI Video Card" ...
    (Debian-User)