Re: How to disable Graphical Login screen at startup

Enrique Arredondo wrote:
I installed Linux RH Enterprise v.4 and every time it boots it takes me to the Alt-F7 session which is the Graphical Interface, How can I disable it complete or How can I tell Linux that when it boots I want to see the Alt-F1 console.

Thanks

man inittab
In /etc/inittab change the "initdefault" entry from 5 to 3. You will get no graphical interface, just a console.

Mihai

  • Re: How to disable Graphical Login screen at startup
    ... the Alt-F7 session which is the Graphical Interface, ... complete or How can I tell Linux that when it boots I want to see the Alt-F1 ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: How to disable Graphical Login screen at startup
    ... the Alt-F7 session which is the Graphical Interface, ... complete or How can I tell Linux that when it boots I want to see the ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: How to disable Graphical Login screen at startup
    ... the Alt-F7 session which is the Graphical Interface, ... complete or How can I tell Linux that when it boots I want to see the ... Alt-F1 console. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: New and Notable - Toei anime legal downloads - PreCure
    ... How do you access the file's location, from the Linux box? ... way of doing it rather than just accepting the "use the command line" ... Of course, since you don't use MPlayer, and have been ... program has no graphical interface of its own. ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • Re: Serving mp3s
    ... also act as a Firewall/DHCP, mail server, web server, router, wireless access point ... and gave up on Linux several times. ... >>If you have little amount of RAM, then avoid using graphical interface. ... >>The graphical interface does eat RAM and CPU power. ...
    (alt.linux)