Re: Access to FAT32 - Suse

For FAT32, you can set the permissions for the whole file system when
mounting it. You can also set different permissions for both files
and folders (this is useful because folders need to be "executabe" in
order to list their contents).

Setting these permissions is done with mount options, so read the
manual pages for your mount command(s). If the file system is listed
in your fstab, then make your changes there.

Ben

  • Re: Creating a Physical Directory Using DirectoryServices
    ... "C:\Test" using the DirectoryServices namespace. ... I can create the nessesary items within IIS, websites, Virtual Folders, set permissions etc. ... ASP.Net is running with suitable permissions to impersonate a user that has permission to create folders on the target machines. ... If I cant do it via DirectoryServices, I think I shall have to go down the path (No not a file system path:-P) of having a WebService running on each of the Web Server in the AD domain, that will be able to create the file structures needed, However I would like to use Directory Services to avoid the potential security risks of the latter method. ...
  • Re: How can I set permissions on Folders within a Document Library?
    ... No, you can't set folder level permissions in a document library, and you ... can't map them to folders on the file system. ... You'll have to secure your ... > How can I set permissions on Folders within a Document Library? ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Securing IIS IUSER
    ... >> I want to restrict IUSER access to the server file system. ... >> I then explicitly granted it read permissions to the wwwroot, ... I want to stop IUSER see files and folders unless granted ...
  • Re: NTFS Security Question.
    ... A subordinate object DOES not inherit the PARENT perms (in ... will assume "Nebulous" permissions that refer to the LINK ... The trick is to PROPOGATE to all FILES (not Folders and Files - that would ... Since Windows 2000 deny NTFS permission does not work ...
  • RE: ISA 2004 REPORT FAILURE
    ... Did as you suggested and turned auditing on for the system and folders ... that is setting the wrong permissions of the folders ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)