shutdown as cron job?

On a single-user system, would adding shutdown as a cronjob be horribly
wrong? Or is there another/better way to specify a turn off time?

TIA

--
Peter

  • Re: Finetuning: Remote Shutdown with WMI, some errors occur.
    ... Allows shutdown, poweroff, or reboot of multiple remote systems. ... - generic unhandled script compile or runtime error; ... "Specify 1 and only one shutdown action" ... Dim erNumber, erDesc ...
  • Re: does python have useless destructors?
    ... I would do the same thing that shutdown does. ... You also specify "Run the destructors, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Group Policy - Scheduled Shutdown
    ... You can use shutdown.exe to specify an exact hour for the shutdown (like ... My reasoning behind this is that if the batch file ... (stored on the server with Active Directory and GP) ...
  • Re: shutdown policy
    ... You can use a logoff script. ... you don't need to specify a computer name. ... Use 'shutdown /r', for complete ... > computer when a user logoff. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: starts by itself
    ... > specify a setting that allows these devices to wake up ... > place your machine in hibernation (sleep mode)? ... >>machine after shutdown and make sure that it is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)