Re: any good OCR software out there?

Demosthenes wrote:
I'm getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner that comes with OCR software for
Winblows - will I need to run this with WINE or does Linux have some good
OCR software?

GOCR might be a good place to start. (don't forget the GTK frontend).
It can interface with xsane.

  • Re: any good OCR software out there?
    ... Winblows - will I need to run this with WINE or does Linux have some good ... OCR software? ... and I heard tesseract should be quite accurate. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • any good OCR software out there?
    ... I'm getting a HP C7280 printer / scanner that comes with OCR software for ... Winblows - will I need to run this with WINE or does Linux have some good ...
    (comp.os.linux)
    ... adding fonts to wine linux ... download linux wine emulator ... linux wine install internet explorer ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: LTspice
    ... I was wondering how wine itself works as an emulator. ... >an emulator but a port of the windows API onto linux. ... >Consider the case of a request to write to a file: ... >>So far I've tried Fedora, Xandros, and SuSE. ...
    (sci.electronics.cad)
  • Re: Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken
    ... Microsoft took a pretty decent stake in Corel. ... I personally purchased WordPerfect 8 for Linux retail. ... They did market the Wine compiled version for a while. ... The Caldera Linux product was OpenLinux. ...
    (Fedora)