Re: path

On 2008-05-29, Bill Cunningham wrote:
I am using my linux version of bash. How could I add usr/local to the
path, or any directory location to the path using the PATH variable? I want
to use two compilers and have one in usr local. The one in usr works fine.

In your $HOME/.bashrc (or $HOME/.bash_profile), modify any
existing PATH assignment or, if there is none, add this line:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

To add it for your current shell, execute that line at the
prompt.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence