Re: PC's that come with linux already installed

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:16:39 -0600, Mike Fontenot wrote:

Are there any PC's that come with both microsoft and linux already
installed? Any recomendations, or comments (either negative or
positive)?

Dell sells Ubuntu Linux installed PCs.

We bought my wife's 1420 series laptop from Dell last year and are very
pleased.
It came with Ubuntu 7.04 and we upgraded to 7.10 using Ubuntu's auto
upgrade and it has been working great. We think we will skip 8.04 and
go to 8.10.

There is a great Ubuntu group, alt.os.linux.ubuntu. Also IRC is busy.
And the forums are very good: http://ubuntuforums.org/

--
// This is my opinion.
.