Re: PC's that come with linux already installed

On Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:16:39 -0600, Mike Fontenot wrote:

Are there any PC's that come with both microsoft and linux already
installed? Any recomendations, or comments (either negative or
positive)?

Dell sells Ubuntu Linux installed PCs.

We bought my wife's 1420 series laptop from Dell last year and are very
pleased.
It came with Ubuntu 7.04 and we upgraded to 7.10 using Ubuntu's auto
upgrade and it has been working great. We think we will skip 8.04 and
go to 8.10.

There is a great Ubuntu group, alt.os.linux.ubuntu. Also IRC is busy.
And the forums are very good: http://ubuntuforums.org/

--
// This is my opinion.

  • ... Upgrading to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS RC ... I have been trying to upgrade to Ubuntu 10.4 LTS with mixed success. ... I guess there is something missing in the configuration. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [11.04]-Turn Off Unity & Use Classic Gnome?
    ... "Ubuntu Gnome 3 Remix" is the officially-sanctioned style, ... Ubuntu and insserv on Debian, it's become more of a PitA. ... There's just the advice to use the Ubuntu upgrade applications and not ... on actual hardware - a majority in VMs and a majority X-less installs ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Jaunty still in Beta?
    ... unstable as beta and alpha RCs, so they can't be used as examples in the ... Debian lists and forums, I believe I can say lots and lots, because that's ... they loose network after a new kernel and/or udev upgrade I think. ... Coming back to Ubuntu though, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: google-chrome causes failure in package updates
    ... "An upgrade 12.04 is available" then it lists some of the packages installed ... "Install Updates"? ... deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ oneiric main restricted ... ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: New instalation, old distribution, antique machine
    ... We've tried everything we know to do to upgrade Ubuntu (Ubuntu 6.06 LTS ... Full permissions for owner, none for group, none for other. ...
    (Ubuntu)