Re: BSD "jail" functionality (again?)

Jamie wrote:

I asked this before, maybe a year ago.

Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? I don't
mean UML or KVM, I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into
compartments.

The closest I've seen is vserver, unfortunately the project seems to be
dead (and it's a problem I have a machine relying on it..) after that, I
decided that anything involving a kernel patch is out.

Do you think linux will ever get real, actual 'jail' compartments?

Jamie

Yeah. I think it will... along time before windows will... Just submit a
feature request and maybe some code to the linux kernel dev's....

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

20:58:52 up 9 days, 1:16, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

  • Re: Re : Possible to run Linux distro in a jail?
    ... utilities used on Debian systems. ... Actually my reading of it is a linux userland running under linux ... into porting the freebsd kernel over to the debian world. ... jail(8) uses the same kernel image in the jail as in the base system. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Debian/kFreeBSD vs linux jail?
    ... a jail instead of a Linux CentOS jail, ... know if it's FreeBSD userland or FreeBSD kernel that caused the quirks. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • BSD "jail" functionality (again?)
    ... Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? ... I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into compartments. ... that anything involving a kernel patch is out. ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • Re: differences between kernel-tree and kernel-source and kernel image
    ... > will this install the kernel or try to patch an existing 2.6 kernel or ... affix-source - Driver source for the Affix Bluetooth protocol stack for Linux ... atlas-doc - Automatically Tuned Linear Algebra Software,documentation ...
    (Debian-User)
  • LTTng finds abnormally long APIC interrupt handler : 58.2 ms
    ... A trace taken with LTTng on a x86_64 dual quad-core, Linux kernel ... # Input Device Drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)