Re: BSD "jail" functionality (again?)

Jamie wrote:

I asked this before, maybe a year ago.

Does anyone know if Linux will ever have BSD "jail" functionality? I don't
mean UML or KVM, I mean "jail" where the kernel is split up into
compartments.

The closest I've seen is vserver, unfortunately the project seems to be
dead (and it's a problem I have a machine relying on it..) after that, I
decided that anything involving a kernel patch is out.

Do you think linux will ever get real, actual 'jail' compartments?

Jamie

Yeah. I think it will... along time before windows will... Just submit a
feature request and maybe some code to the linux kernel dev's....

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

20:58:52 up 9 days, 1:16, 5 users, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00