Re: fail to mount filesystem

Steve West wrote:

I have just build Linux 2.6.26.5. I am using Grub to boot it. When the
kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. My grub bootline looks like
this
: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26.5 ro root=/dev/sda1

Any suggestions would help

Steve

What filesystem is the root and is it a module or compiled into the
kernel... IE... you did it wrong.

From the desk of:
Jerome D. McBride

18:42:27 up 11 days, 23:00, 5 users, load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.01

  • Re: Failed boot cannot find device
    ... kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. ... My grub bootline looks like this ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/MailingListGuidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: failed to mount file system on boot
    ... kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. ... My grub bootline looks like this ... Post the last few lines on the default console. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: failed to maount file system on boot
    ... kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. ... My grub bootline looks like ... Can your kernel do the filesystem you have on /dev/sda1? ... compile it statically or arrange for loading the module from initrd ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Failed boot cannot find device
    ... I am using Grub to boot it. ... kernel loads it cannot find by filesystem. ... My grub bootline looks like this ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Read-only root (/) except /et
    ... in other words, again root is compromised. ... That means that in a standard config the root filesystem cannot be made ... backup, and fewer writes means less likelihood of corruption eg if power ... Note that all my live partitions are rsync'd with identical ...
    (Debian-User)