Re: groff to MS-Word (or *maybe* rtf) ?

John Redmond <john_redmond@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jamie:

Yep, I agree with most of what you have said. I like to think that plain
text might have a comeback. Why don't you look at my lexxia site
(www.limpidsoft.com). It gives you a way to convert (almost) plain text to
XML, XHTML and LaTeX/pdf, as well as other nice things. And it's free for
Linux and Windows.

John Redmond,
Sydney, Australia.

I have not been following this thread but I happened to notice your
response so I downloaded your lexxia source tarball, both March
2009 versions. The configure stage seems to progress, but make
clean, or make result in an error. Here is the result:

cd . && /bin/sh /stuff/lexxia/missing --run aclocal-1.10
/stuff/lexxia/missing: line 46: aclocal-1.10: command not found
WARNING: `aclocal-1.10' is missing on your system. You should only need it if
you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'. You might want
to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages. Grab them from
any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /stuff/lexxia/missing --run automake-1.10 --foreign
/stuff/lexxia/missing: line 46: automake-1.10: command not found
WARNING: `automake-1.10' is missing on your system. You should only need it if
you modified `Makefile.am', `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.
You might want to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.
Grab them from any GNU archive site.
cd . && /bin/sh /stuff/lexxia/missing --run autoconf
configure.in:3: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_CONFIG_HEADER
See the Autoconf documentation.
configure.in:4: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE
configure.in:8: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
make: *** [configure] Error 1

I see from your site that you have put quite an effort into the
lexxia project and I suppose you would be interested in having
people use your product. The failure to make is discouraging.

Meanwhile I will experiment with your statically linked version.
.