Rebuilding a raid 1 mirror

From: Mr Smith (tonyhorse2001_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/16/03

Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:57:04 +0100

Hi,

One of the disks on my software-based raid 1 mirror failed the other day,
and I purchased a new hard disk, which doesn't have the same disk geometry
as the old one. I am trying to use fdisk to set up the space correctly
before using mdadm. However I just can't seem to get the sizings correct.

Is there a quick way to "copy" the fdisk partition information from one disk
to another (with different geometry), or could someone suggest the easiest
way to ensure that the partitioning is exactly as the first disk.

Thanks