Re: vsftpd setup

From: al (
Date: 11/05/03

Date: 5 Nov 2003 06:18:55 -0800

Thank you for any help you can provide
system points to /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
I also need to have some secure users i.e.: users that are locked in
their home dirs.
Here is my conf file, I removed all commented stuff:

[root@localhost root]# cat /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
# Allow anonymous FTP?
# Uncomment this to allow local users to log in.
# Uncomment this to enable any form of FTP write command.
# Default umask for local users is 077. You may wish to change this to
# if your users expect that (022 is used by most other ftpd's)
# Activate directory messages - messages given to remote users when
# go into a certain directory.
# Activate logging of uploads/downloads.
# Make sure PORT transfer connections originate from port 20

# If you want, you can have your log file in standard ftpd xferlog
# You may fully customise the login banner string:
ftpd_banner=Welcome to FTP service.
# You may specify a file of disallowed anonymous e-mail addresses.
# useful for combatting certain DoS attacks.
# (default follows)
# You may specify an explicit list of local users to chroot() to their
# directory. If chroot_local_user is YES, then this list becomes a
list of
# users to NOT chroot().
# (default follows)

#enable for standalone mode

Thank You
Al (Martin) wrote in message news:<>...
> I have struggled with vsftpd for some time, but found out that my
> configuration file should be in /etc instead in /etc/vsftpd/
> Could you give some settings of your file (leaving out the priv
> stuff)?
> Thanks
> Martin
> (al) wrote in message news:<>...
> > I have to move ftp server from RH8 to RH9, moved passwd, shadow, home
> > dirs.
> > Try to ftp to localserver:
> > C:\>ftp
> > Connected to
> > 220 Welcome to Stargus FTP service.
> > User ( alexsey
> > 331 Please specify the password.
> > Password:
> > 500 OOPS: chdir
> > 500 OOPS: child died
> > Connection closed by remote host.
> >
> > ftp server is vsftpd-1.1.3-8
> >
> > I need to be able to lock users in their home directories.
> >
> > can anyone shed some light for me on this?
> > btw I am not very profissient with linux, if you could give detailed
> > info I would really appreciate it.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Al

Relevant Pages

  • nis user cant access to the vsftp in ubuntu 11.04
    ... Problem: about VSFTPD, now the local users can access to FTP, but nis user can't login to access to FTP, error message is as follows: ... unable to connect to the server ...
  • Local exploit for TrollFTPD-1.26
    ... local users can gain root access. ... An error in the handling of recursive directory listings can result in an ... ftp localhost ...
  • Re: Shared FTP Directory on domain
    ... > any error msgs? ... >>I recently shared my FTP directory so that users on my LAN can access the ... >>any FTP client. ... Local users still have read access to the site, ...
  • Re: Shared FTP Directory on domain
    ... >> Regards, ... >> Bernard Cheah ... >>>I recently shared my FTP directory so that users on my LAN can access the ... Local users still have read access to the ...