Re: vsftpd setup

From: al (achehov_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/05/03

Date: 5 Nov 2003 06:18:55 -0800

Thank you for any help you can provide
system points to /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
I also need to have some secure users i.e.: users that are locked in
their home dirs.
Here is my conf file, I removed all commented stuff:

[root@localhost root]# cat /etc/vsftpd/vsftpd.conf
# Allow anonymous FTP?
anonymous_enable=NO
#
# Uncomment this to allow local users to log in.
local_enable=YES
#
# Uncomment this to enable any form of FTP write command.
write_enable=YES
#
# Default umask for local users is 077. You may wish to change this to
022,
# if your users expect that (022 is used by most other ftpd's)
local_umask=022
# Activate directory messages - messages given to remote users when
they
# go into a certain directory.
dirmessage_enable=YES
#
# Activate logging of uploads/downloads.
xferlog_enable=YES
#
# Make sure PORT transfer connections originate from port 20
(ftp-data).
connect_from_port_20=YES

# If you want, you can have your log file in standard ftpd xferlog
format
xferlog_std_format=YES
log_ftp_protocol=YES
#
# You may fully customise the login banner string:
ftpd_banner=Welcome to FTP service.
#
# You may specify a file of disallowed anonymous e-mail addresses.
Apparently
# useful for combatting certain DoS attacks.
#deny_email_enable=YES
# (default follows)
#banned_email_file=/etc/vsftpd.banned_emails
#
# You may specify an explicit list of local users to chroot() to their
home
# directory. If chroot_local_user is YES, then this list becomes a
list of
# users to NOT chroot().
chroot_list_enable=NO
# (default follows)
#chroot_list_file=/etc/vsftpd.chroot_list
chroot_local_user=YES

pam_service_name=vsftpd
userlist_enable=NO
#enable for standalone mode
listen=YES
tcp_wrappers=YES
passwd_chroot_enable=YES

Thank You
Al

linuxconsulting@hotmail.com (Martin) wrote in message news:<8f1a7141.0311040158.41f66fcd@posting.google.com>...
> I have struggled with vsftpd for some time, but found out that my
> configuration file should be in /etc instead in /etc/vsftpd/
> Could you give some settings of your file (leaving out the priv
> stuff)?
>
> Thanks
> Martin
>

> achehov@yahoo.com (al) wrote in message news:<a40b9e3.0311031158.13d06f8f@posting.google.com>...
> > I have to move ftp server from RH8 to RH9, moved passwd, shadow, home
> > dirs.
> > Try to ftp to localserver:
> > C:\>ftp 172.17.1.121
> > Connected to 172.17.1.121.
> > 220 Welcome to Stargus FTP service.
> > User (172.17.1.121:(none)): alexsey
> > 331 Please specify the password.
> > Password:
> > 500 OOPS: chdir
> > 500 OOPS: child died
> > Connection closed by remote host.
> >
> > ftp server is vsftpd-1.1.3-8
> >
> > I need to be able to lock users in their home directories.
> >
> > can anyone shed some light for me on this?
> > btw I am not very profissient with linux, if you could give detailed
> > info I would really appreciate it.
> >
> > Thank you
> > Al

Relevant Pages

  • nis user cant access to the vsftp in ubuntu 11.04
    ... Problem: about VSFTPD, now the local users can access to FTP, but nis user can't login to access to FTP, error message is as follows: ... unable to connect to the server ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Local exploit for TrollFTPD-1.26
    ... local users can gain root access. ... An error in the handling of recursive directory listings can result in an ... ftp localhost ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Shared FTP Directory on domain
    ... >> Regards, ... >> Bernard Cheah ... >>>I recently shared my FTP directory so that users on my LAN can access the ... Local users still have read access to the ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: Shared FTP Directory on domain
    ... > any error msgs? ... >>I recently shared my FTP directory so that users on my LAN can access the ... >>any FTP client. ... Local users still have read access to the site, ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)