PHP doesn't run on Red Hat 9 system

From: Scott Sherratt (sjsherratt_at_REMOVETHIS.yahoo.com)
Date: 11/24/03

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:27:25 -0800

I'm trying to get PHP running on my RH9 system, but can't seem to get it
to work. My test php program results in a blank browser screen (though
I can see the source),and it runs fine on at a 'hosted' site using RH.
I understand that PHP should work without having to compile source
code. Is there anything else I need to configure ?

Basically I installed the RPM's, added types to httpd.conf and restarted
httpd.

I added the following in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

<Files *.php>
    AcceptPathInfo On
</Files>

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .shtml .phtml

Here are the RPM's that are installed:

[root@srv root]# rpm -qa | grep php
php-imap-4.2.2-17.2
php-mysql-4.2.2-17.2
php-pgsql-4.2.2-17.2
php-4.2.2-17.2
php-ldap-4.2.2-17.2
php-devel-4.2.2-17.2
[root@srv root]# rpm -qa | grep httpd
httpd-manual-2.0.40-21.5
redhat-config-httpd-1.0.1-18
httpd-2.0.40-21.5
[root@srv root]# httpd -l
Compiled in modules:
  core.c
  prefork.c
  http_core.c
  mod_so.c

Test PHP script in /var/www/html/temp.php

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Test</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<?
 /*
 * Print Info
 */
 phpinfo();
?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Again, what else do I need to do in order to get PHP running under RH9 &
Apache 2 (other than uninstalling RPM's and complining everything from
source).

Thanks. Scott sjsherratt@REMOVE_THIS@yahoo.com