Re: Command to manually mount USB external harddrive?

linuxquestion_at_yahoo.com
Date: 12/24/03

Date: 23 Dec 2003 17:01:49 -0800

Thanks for all your responses. This worked for me:

mkdir /mnt/usb
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/usb -rw -t vfat

df -k
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 3142552 36 3142516 1% /mnt/usb

It seems to take the first usb plugged in as sda1.
Not according to how the OS, or hardware numbers the usb ports
in the machine.

So, if you have a number of usb devices to plug in, you would
have probably have to change the number.