install windows xp after redhat

From: Kevin (kevin28_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 01/05/04

Date: 5 Jan 2004 12:29:37 -0800

I need to install Windows XP so I can dual boot with RH9. RH9 is on
one hard drive connected to ide0. My second hard drive (slated for
XP) is connected to ide1. I boot RH through grub. What steps do I
need to follow so I don't wipe out my mbr during the XP install?

-k

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How would I remove SuSE Linux on a dual boot system with xp
    ... I am not going to remove SuSE I am just going to reinstall is a dual boot ... > All you need for an excellent eXPerience is to install Windows XP ... You do not need a sub-standard O/S such as Linux. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP same system
    ... If you install Windows 2003 it should create a dual boot where you can ... select which operating system you want to boot to. ... So i wanted to run Server 2003 on one drive and XP Pro on ...
  • REQ: Newbie Qustion Re: Hard Drives, etc...
    ... 10gb HD Win98 ... 15bg HD Linux RH9 ... It's not set up for dual boot. ... I use a floppy to boot into RH9. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Single machine as test bed
    ... First install Windows XP then install Windows 2003 server. ... your computer in dual boot and one OS fails due to test change you might ... always discard changes once you are done testing or have a backup image of ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)
  • Re: XP 98SE Conflict