Re: GRUB won't boot

From: Kiran Reddy (kiranr_at_Cadence.COM)
Date: 01/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:57:23 +0500

Try adding lba32 to grub.conf

Kiran

On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 21:24:22 -0500, Joseph wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jan 2004 16:02:37 -0500, Geoff wrote:
>
>> I have a system that won't boot off the HD - I installed RedHat and chose
>> GRUB as the boot loader, but the BIOS comes up and says no OS is found. If
>> I boot off floppy it will boot fine.
>
> Is there some reason you didn't include your grub configuration file?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [opensuse] [Unsuccessful installation of operating system]
    ... proper Grub prompt commands succeed in starting SUSE boot. ... HD order in the BIOS might accomplish the same thing as a cable swap, ... If I had thought harder I would have suggested the BIOS be tried first. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Debian bootable on external USB-harddisk
    ... > They are all on the external harddisk since I want to boot from this ... >> fail if you have placed the kernel and initrd on the external ... >> available from BIOS. ... >> grub stage one on the external disk. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: [opensuse] Re: [openSUSE] BIOS/GRUB Problem
    ... and gone through the BIOS settup. ... There is no difference when the boot ... Apparently now you have inappropriately configured Grub ... I had Bob S's 2 PATA/1 SATA system here for several days until this AM. ...
    (SuSE)
  • [opensuse] Re: [openSUSE] BIOS/GRUB Problem
    ... It's quite common for that result from BIOS disk to be ... incorrectly configured to boot. ... now you have inappropriately configured Grub on MBR of BIOS HD, ... I had Bob S's 2 PATA/1 SATA system here for several days until this AM. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Recover Root Password on FC 11 and Missing GRUB Screen
    ... I made an attempt to recover password by booting in single mode. ... to make the server boot in sigle mode. ... It does not bring up the Grub menu. ... Password protect the BIOS so nobody can change the above options. ...
    (Fedora)