Re: multiple IP's - 1 NIC

From: Charles LaCour (
Date: 01/17/04

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 03:25:01 GMT

Paul Roddy wrote:
> I've done some investigating into how to add multiple IP's to a box and
> found a few ways. My question lies with the ifup-aliases way of adding
> IP's.
> I tried adding the following to the file ifcfg-eth0-range1
> 0
> When I execute ifup script I get the following error:
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-aliases: line 1: command
> not found
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-aliases: line 2: command
> not found
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-aliases: line 3: 0: command not found
> error in ifcfg-eth0-range1: IPADDR_START greater than IPADDR_END
> I have been able to bring up the interfaces with adding an ifcfg-eth0:x for
> each IP I want to add but I would rather use the alias file since it does
> not require a file for each IP. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
Take a look at

It looks like you should have the following in the file:

Not just the numbers.

Charles LaCour

Relevant Pages

  • YHBT
    ... I did a little investigating. ... His new pal is posting via multiple ... ISPs all over Europe. ...
  • Re: How do I get this CodeGuru wrapper class to work?
    ... > keep investigating... ... Do you have multiple MSXML3.DLL on you system? ... that the correct file is used. ...