Thank you! -- Samba problems

From: Frank (anonymous_at_unknown.com)
Date: 01/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:18:02 GMT

As a Linux newbie, I've just completed the 3rd installation from
scratch I've done since Thanksgiving (RH 7.3, RH 8.0, and a redo of
RH8.0) on the server PC for our family's home network. Each time, I've
had to struggle with all of the tweaks necessary to get Samba shares
seen and sharable on the Win boxes.

Phew! This time it only took about 6 hours. Thank you all who through
the years posted questions and answers to this usenet list and
linux.samba, I think I've read about all of 'em!

This time my problem was: max connections = 0 Arrrghhhh! Setting it
to 10 helped. :-)

Lesson: Save a copy of smb.conf....

Frank

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Thankfulness
    ... The Cheesehusker, Trade Warrior wrote: ... from scratch and they used the leftovers to make ... Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours dood. ... My wife is in the kitchen baking pies as I type this and we just ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: Connectivity issue driving me nuts!
    ... which means the array was not properly setup before the installation or ... wipe and rebuild from scratch. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How to create a USB flash software repository?
    ... Not having tried building Linux from scratch, I have no idea just how ... adding the repo software. ... installation. ... Pure stupidity. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [opensuse] openSUSE 10.2 Update package store location?
    ... I would like to reload the entire system from scratch but do not want to ... What I would like to know, is where openSUSE stores its updates and how ... Why need to reinstall if you just want to move the installation? ... I DO NOT want to move the installation, I want to re-install it from ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Why my undo function does not work
    ... Sometimes, even with a new installation, there is a registry glitch that can ... to be working fine except Undo and Redo functions. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.newusers)