Thank you! -- Samba problems

From: Frank (anonymous_at_unknown.com)
Date: 01/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 18:18:02 GMT

As a Linux newbie, I've just completed the 3rd installation from
scratch I've done since Thanksgiving (RH 7.3, RH 8.0, and a redo of
RH8.0) on the server PC for our family's home network. Each time, I've
had to struggle with all of the tweaks necessary to get Samba shares
seen and sharable on the Win boxes.

Phew! This time it only took about 6 hours. Thank you all who through
the years posted questions and answers to this usenet list and
linux.samba, I think I've read about all of 'em!

This time my problem was: max connections = 0 Arrrghhhh! Setting it
to 10 helped. :-)

Lesson: Save a copy of smb.conf....

Frank