Re: Package Managers

From: Michael Lavallee (mlavalle_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/08/04

Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:19:02 -0400

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:54:41 +0000, Alan Connor wrote:

> I've been building a lot of stuff from source lately, and have discovered
> a wonderful irony:
>
> Building apps from source is a LOT easier than mastering one of the fancy
> package managers.

I find building packages is pretty simple as well, most times. The only
problem I have with it is when it comes time to get rid of the program (eg
no longer used). I have to go /usr/local/ and manually erase all the
pieces. I keep the source of the program in ~/src/, it would be nice if
there would be a script that would basically be the opposite of "make
install".

Michael.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Package Managers
    ... > Building apps from source is a LOT easier than mastering one of the fancy ... > package managers. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Package Managers
    ... >> Building apps from source is a LOT easier than mastering one of the fancy ... >> package managers. ... > Michael. ...
    (linux.redhat.install)