Uninstall RPM installed packages manually

From: Mikevl (mikevl_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: 04/20/04

    Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 08:47:09 +1200

    Hi

    I have installed an application on Fedora2 using rpm -ivh. The installation
    did not conclude 100% successfully as it came up with a script error but the
    application ran real well until I change my password, mistake. I now need to
    remove it which seem to be a problem using rpm -e. What is the procedure for
    removing a package manually.

    i.e. Delete disk files
    remove package entries from rpm database (where)
    any other steps

    Many thanks

    Mike

    • Re: Impressions of Gentoo
      ... I'm thinking of giving Gentoo a try. ... for was 1) the kitchen-sink installation and 2) being rpm-based and the ... packages to have it install I ended up with a lot more stuff than I ... No rpm!! ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: [opensuse] kde used nvidia drivers?
      ... This is because nvidia installer modifies libGL.so; ... NVIDIA driver by hand. ... It is the RPM method of installation. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: F20 - Unintended consequences of no default MTA - How best to fix
      ... applications for the purpose would be redundant, ... have a MTA. ... strongly about adding sendmail to the default installation, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Problems rebuilding ffmpeg to include libfaac
      ... step one is to get ffmpeg to transcode videos to a format that the iphone can use. ... I tried the ffmpeg that came from rpmfusion for my Fedora 11 installation. ... To try to fix this and preserve all the yum dependencies, I decided I should download and build the source rpm. ... error: File not found by glob: ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Install from .tar.gz
      ... simply wondered why the RPM tree was empty, ... YaST makes it possible to place ... or uninstalling a previously installed package? ... first, before starting an installation. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)