Looking for Proactive Advice on RH9 ->FC2 upgrade

From: Daniel Davis (buybuydandavis_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/22/04

    Date: 22 May 2004 02:29:03 -0700

    I'm lookinng to upgrade from RH9 ->FC2, and thought I'd get whatever
    advice on this *before* I started. My last upgrade, from RH8.? to RH9,
    was a complete debacle, requiring a fresh install in the end, and I'd
    like to avoid that.

    The only issue I've seen mentioned is on Ximian gnome, in the release
    notes at fedora - though the release notes still look to be the FC1
    notes.

    Any advice to avoid pain in the upgrade would be appreciated.

    Buy Buy -- Dan Davis

    • Re: Basic NT4 to w2k3 migration questions
      ... > The easiest way and the least disruptive is to upgrade your existing PDC ... If you can't do that then use the "advice". ... >> hardware and then upgrading it to w2k3 which sounds a bit idiotic to me. ... This includes a Windows 2003 Exchance server. ...
    • Re: Basic NT4 to w2k3 migration questions
      ... The easiest way and the least disruptive is to upgrade your existing PDC ... If you can't do that then use the "advice". ... > hardware and then upgrading it to w2k3 which sounds a bit idiotic to me. ... This includes a Windows 2003 Exchance server. ...
    • Re: FC2 to RH9
      ... > fixed and it would have been as good as RH9. ... > back to what was better than the current FC2 release?? ... FC2 was a major upgrade for the kernel and window manager as well as a ... Always always always put a hardware firewall between you and the ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Family tree software
      ... I'm initially looking for a cheap/free program which I can later upgrade ... Personal Ancestral File is a freebie. ... My advice would be to try as many different ones as you can for as ... suits one person may not suit another. ...
      (soc.genealogy.computing)
    • Re: Ask EU: Firefox update
      ... The benefit of umrats experience and ... advice on whether to upgrade or stick with the older version would be ... for many Windows users. ... The advice is much appreciated. ...
      (uk.media.radio.archers)