intel modem driver probs.

From: Aqueus7 (Aqueus7_at_net-scape.net)
Date: 08/02/04

    Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 00:01:37 -0500

    I'm new to Linux and I'm trying to setup Fedora core-1
    as a workstation on a Pent-4 PC in order to learn more.

    Everything went very smooth until I got to the modem.

    I understand my problem is a common one... my modem is
    a PCI winmodem. However, the modem is an Intel 536ep,
    and Intel provides a universal linux driver designed
    for RedHat, Mandrake, and SuSE.

    When I follow the steps for installation I get the
    following message...

    current running kernel is 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
    /lib/modules... autoconf.h does not exist
    please install Kernel source.

    OK, so how do I go about installing the kernel source?

    or, is the driver setup just looking in the wrong place?

    appreciate any help

    • Re: intel modem driver probs.
      ... > I'm new to Linux and I'm trying to setup Fedora core-1 ... so how do I go about installing the kernel source? ... There will be a kernel source rpm file on your installation CDs for FEDORA, ...
      (linux.redhat.install)
    • Re: [SLE] WHERE IS linux kernel source code ???
      ... > One of the questions the installation procedure is asking me is: ... All versions of Linux install the kernel source code in /usr/src/linux ... make xconfig - This allows you to alter the configuration using X ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
      ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Improvement in Freeview tuning functionality
      ... difficult in Windows too, of course, but, as my post and the following ... Sorry, but are you claiming that with all linux distros, etc, it isn't ... support to a limited number of models, ... The second method is to take all the installation mechanisms of the OS ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • Re: Finding installed package files
      ... >> package, and to have easy access to those files, especially the ones ... >> this as being helpful to Linux users, ... >> Linux could be made easier by having installation programs actually ... be searching for the executable and its command line for invoking the IDE, ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)