Re: quote , double-quote , back-quote issues

From: Sandgroper (steveray_at_KNICKERSiinet.net.au)
Date: 08/30/04

    Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:29:04 +0800

    "mario bajada" <p2vxiv602@sneakemail.com> wrote in message
    news:9146e614.0408291555.f98d6dc@posting.google.com...

    > Thanks Steve but this had no affect. Keyboard setting was US
    > International tried US English same result.
    >
    > Seems that the quote characters are being escaped/interpreted based on
    > the character immediately afterwards, so that if i type " followed by
    > Y it seems to acting as backspace or similar but if i type " followed
    > by space then the " appears.

    Do you get a system start-up error message saying
    KDSKBENT : Invalid argument Failed to bind key xxx to value xxxx

    If so , then you are loading the unicode key in
    /bin/unicode_start
    To fix the keyboard problem , comment out (or delete) 'dumpkeys |
    loadkeys --unicode'

    I had my keyboard set to [US] International when I installed FC2 and I kept
    getting this error message and the same type of keyboard problem as you have
    described , after I change the keyboard setting to [US] English and edited
    the /bin/unicode_start file , everything was fixed.

    Check the /bin/unicode_start file to see if you are loading the unicode.

    --
    Sandgroper
    ----------------------------------

    • Re: New Imac. Need to Change Language. Help!
      ... France (so everything comes preinstalled in French) but i am an English ... want to adjust the "Order for sorted lists" menu and check the Format ... The keyboard may be an issue: you probably have a French keyboard, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.misc)
    • Re: Help, wrong key strokes
      ... keyboard that has been installed on your computer. ... an English keyboard, you will need to click on ... Change the default input language to English (United Kingdom) - ...
    • Re: How to set a predetermined language in a Word template?
      ... As I mentioned in my previous post, I use the Spanish keyboard almost ... working in English than to use the English keyboard for working in Spanish. ... I have the language bar active on the status ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: The need to enter a space after Quotes in word
      ... No, it means that if he uses English UK or English US, as appropriate to his ... keyboard, that the key mappings will be correct. ... alternative language and keyboard layout when he is typing in a language ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
    • Re: Typing Symbols question....
      ... Not sure what lower case french vs. english letters would be ... ... I checked my keyboard and languages settings. ...
      (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)