Newbie web-hosting question..

From: James Mercola (james_at_mercola.com)
Date: 09/18/04

    Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 01:32:18 GMT

    Hello,

    I've just colocated a server for web-hosting and uploaded my first domain.
    I'm using the "plesk" mgmt console for domain admin.

    my FTP uploads fine, and I've removed the temporary "index.html" and
    replaced with my own, but when I try to open my domain in a web browser, I
    get the "Test Page" instead of my own index.htm. There doesn't seem to be a
    test page in my root web directory.

    when I actually TYPE IN "index.htm" after my domain name in my browswer
    window, it does bring up my home page.

    if anyone can give me pointers on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. I
    only seem to have access to the Plesk control panels though.

    thanks for any suggestions.

    James