RE: Newbie web-hosting question..

Nilles_at_powerpost.org
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:25:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hello You must upload youre files in the public_html root

Hello,

I've just colocated a server for web-hosting and uploaded my first domain.
I'm using the "plesk" mgmt console for domain admin.

my FTP uploads fine, and I've removed the temporary "index.html" and
replaced with my own, but when I try to open my domain in a web browser, I
get the "Test Page" instead of my own index.htm. There doesn't seem to be a
test page in my root web directory.

when I actually TYPE IN "index.htm" after my domain name in my browswer
window, it does bring up my home page.

if anyone can give me pointers on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. I
only seem to have access to the Plesk control panels though.

thanks for any suggestions.

James