RE: Newbie web-hosting question..

Nilles_at_powerpost.org
Date: 09/18/04

Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:25:44 +0000 (UTC)

Hello You must upload youre files in the public_html root

Hello,

I've just colocated a server for web-hosting and uploaded my first domain.
I'm using the "plesk" mgmt console for domain admin.

my FTP uploads fine, and I've removed the temporary "index.html" and
replaced with my own, but when I try to open my domain in a web browser, I
get the "Test Page" instead of my own index.htm. There doesn't seem to be a
test page in my root web directory.

when I actually TYPE IN "index.htm" after my domain name in my browswer
window, it does bring up my home page.

if anyone can give me pointers on how to fix this, I'd appreciate it. I
only seem to have access to the Plesk control panels though.

thanks for any suggestions.

James

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help with image display
    ... >I was able to upload the file to the "users" directory using Dreamweaver. ... >> I took the file and copied it to the root level. ... >>> When it is in the staging area, ... if I right click on the little square on my viewing page that is ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Trying to Publish
    ... allowed me to upload the files. ... Publisher HTML files to the correct place on GoDaddy's servers. ... said, he found your files, but not in the root directory. ... using, but since you are not using a form, then try the FTP directions. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Trying to Publish
    ... allowed me to upload the files. ... Publisher HTML files to the correct place on GoDaddy's servers. ... said, he found your files, but not in the root directory. ... using, but since you are not using a form, then try the FTP directions. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: Trying to Publish
    ... allowed me to upload the files. ... Publisher HTML files to the correct place on GoDaddy's servers. ... said, he found your files, but not in the root directory. ... using, but since you are not using a form, then try the FTP directions. ...
    (microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign)
  • Re: [PHP] File Upload Security and chmod
    ... basically I do not have access to directories higher than my root ... I am relatively new to php and am trying to set up a file upload ... The actual file upload comes through Flash8, ...
    (php.general)