Re: Need info!!

From: Lenard (lenard_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 10/17/04

    Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:56:23 GMT

    On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 15:12:46 -0400, Xan2 wrote:

    > its not the bios... my bios support cd boot... when i press power on ...
    > the server scan all pci/eisa bus etc... and then they detect a boottable
    > cd-rom found....
    >
    > then i got this error:
    >
    > isolinux: found something at drive 80h isolinux: found something at
    > drive 81h isolinux: found something at drive 82h No Cd-Rom Device found,
    > boot failed.
    >
    > i also tryed booting whit a boot disk.... boot failed. i also tryed to
    > boot whitout any hdds on the server and im getting this error;
    >
    > isolinux: found something at drive 80h No Cd-Rom Device found, boot
    > failed.
    >
    > :\
    >
    > i have no idea what to do now...

    It could be the BIOS or the firmware for the Adaptec AIC-7850 is in
    fact the problem, no support the El Torito specification (No emulation),
    like the Windows 2000/XP or Red Hat Linux 9 CD's are. The only CD boot
    support is for the floppy emulation booting like the Windows 95/8 CD's are
    (firmware v1.13) and maybe the harddisk emulation (firmware v1.16) like
    the OS/2 Warp CD's are.

    It could be the firmware of the CD-ROM drive also, early versions of
    CD-ROM's did not support the El Torito specification only the floppy
    and maybe the harddrive emulation specifications.

    Have you tried this;

    http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/s1-steps-install-cdrom.html#S2-STEPS-MAKE-DISKS

    You might have to also create the driver floppy from the drvblock.img also
    found on the first Red Hat Linux 9 installation CD, just follow the same
    directions as above and make the appropriate change. You can also try
    booting the system with a DOS boot disk and use the autoboot.bat file
    found in the dosutils directory on the first Red Hat Linux 9 CD.

    --
    Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Please copy me to your .sig! so I can spread
    This E-mail is safe, no Microsoft products were used in creating me!