redhat enterprise 3 AS update 3 loaded on SIL3114 SATA WD Raptor drives

From: Lynn Computer Products (sales_at_lynncomp.com)
Date: 10/18/04

    Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:59:03 -0400

    Hi, customer trying to load latest redhat E3 on Dual Opteron Tyan S2875ANRF
    board with SIL3114 SATA controllers, it loads but it will not reboot into
    linux, corrupt file system, any help out there?

    Doug

    • Re: Emulators: Mess v.s. DVE v.s. ParaJVE
      ... JRE 6 full screen isn't supported very well under Ubuntu Linux. ... I mostly use Windows 98 or Linux for applications like this. ... Load system drivers - Reboot ...
      (rec.games.vectrex)
    • Re: performance under heavy load
      ... I should note that as admin / user of few tens of servers ... I can assure you that if your linux "loses ... > we'd have to reboot. ... Even with a load of nearly 200, ...
      (freebsd-stable)
    • Re: Problem with booting an external drive
      ... > everything went fine and it told me to reboot. ... > prompt, choose linux, it started to load then gave this kernel panic: ... what it appears is that driver support for the ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: Problem with booting an external drive
      ... > i reinstalled linux to my external, installed lilo to MBR of external. ... > everything went fine and it told me to reboot. ... > prompt, choose linux, it started to load then gave this kernel panic: ... tauno voipio iki fi ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • SATA, redhat linux enterprise 3 AS, update 3
      ... customer trying to load latest redhat E3 on Dual Opteron Tyan S2875ANRF ... board with SIL3114 SATA controllers, it loads but it will not reboot into ... linux, corrupt file system, any help out there? ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)