Possible to copy existing RH9 installation to aother disk?

From: Mark Fisher (mark_fisher_at_NOSPAM.bellsouth.net)
Date: 01/27/05

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:32:39 -0500

I have a two drive dual boot system - Win2K on the first drive, and
RedHat 9 on the second. I just installed a much larger first drive and
used a utility to move the Win2K installation to the new first drive.

Is there a utility or some way to move the existing RedHat 9
installation from the old second drive to a partition on the new first
drive? Are there other ways to make the move, if such a utility does
not exist? Moving a working RH9 install seems like it would be easier
than doing a fresh RH9 install and then doing all the additional
software installations and changes to duplicate my original installation.

Thanks for any pointers on how to do this.

Mark

Relevant Pages

  • RE: redhat-list Digest, Vol 11, Issue 18
    ... Re: Missing packages ... RedHat Network doesn't work ... squid proxy installation ...
    (RedHat)
  • samba and lan with winxp and linux computers
    ... I have 3 winxp computers in a small lan all attached to a cable modem ... I added a fourth computer running Redhat Linux 9 personal edition. ... the winxp machines to make it work. ... However one new aspect is that Ximian allows easy installation ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... What would be nice is to have different installation schemes....I would like ... I really enjoy RedHat as it is a wonderful tool to use to help people break ... Linux that is easily sold to IT Managers who don't belong as IT Managers! ... > I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... What would be nice is to have different installation schemes....I would like ... I really enjoy RedHat as it is a wonderful tool to use to help people break ... Linux that is easily sold to IT Managers who don't belong as IT Managers! ... > I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: RedHat 10 wishlist
    ... What would be nice is to have different installation schemes....I would like ... I really enjoy RedHat as it is a wonderful tool to use to help people break ... Linux that is easily sold to IT Managers who don't belong as IT Managers! ... > I strongly urge RedHat to reconsider the methods required to manage kernel ...
    (linux.redhat.install)