Re: Problem installing Fedora 3 :(

From: Scott Speck (speck82_at_comcast.net)
Date: 05/02/05

    Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:59:01 -0400

    Hi Everyone,

    I'm having the same problem -- I have now "burned through" about thirty
    blank CD-R disks, trying every Nero and Roxio option that I can try, and,
    when I'm done, all I see is ONE BIG ISO file sitting on the CD-R. Should I
    see an entire directory tree of files on the CD-ROM? Is the .iso file
    basically just a big zip file? It might have worked better if the Linux
    download was a huge ZIP file. Copy it to one's hard disk, unzip it, and
    then grab the entire resulting file tree and burn THAT onto the CD-R. I'm
    just grabbing at straws here -- I cannot get the ISO burn to work right,
    because when I try booting from it, it NEVER WORKS.

    Incredibly Frustrated,
    Scott Speck
    kaiju@comcast.net

    "Markku Kolkka" <markku.kolkka@iki.fi> wrote in message
    > Broons Bane wrote:
    >
    >> I did. It was Roxio Cd Creator. I wasn't sure what bootable cd type to
    >> choose, so I chose hard disc.
    >
    > Burning an ISO shouldn't need any such selection. When you open the CD
    > in Windows, do you see just the ISO file on the disk or several files
    > and directories?
    >
    > --
    > Markku Kolkka
    > markku.kolkka@iki.fi

    • Re: XP Backup Needed
      ... Since Retrospect uses open file backups, you get a restore of everything ... disk, not the original disk, I'm sorry to say that it is not true. ... contents of your disk are backed up, but your bootable ISO file that loads ... multi-stage backup and restore processes which may very well work, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Cannot install either 7.3 or 9 and fatal media error.
      ... > and occasionally disk 2. ... > It is coming up with fatal media errors but I previously had the Compaq ... If the CDs were burned from downloaded ISO files, ... checksums or full content against the original ISO file. ...
      (linux.redhat.install)
    • Re: DVD as El Torito boot media
      ... Open NERO. ... Data->Make Bootable Disk ... Check Image file and browse path to Post FBA El-torito ISO file created by hd2iso. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: Joining Vista Business client to network produces strange user
      ... Well, clearly, I had not downloaded the WEM stuff to the new client ... I found the Office 2007 .iso file, and wanted to install the ISO ... Nero Essentials app came up and burned it to disk. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: wodim woes on dvd writer
      ... I first tried a small .iso file using a cdr disk in the drive, ... I have never used a dvd ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)