widescreen on an Inspiron 700m, FC4

From: Frankie Howerd (frankiehowerd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/23/05

Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 08:27:59 -0700

I have installed FC4 on a Dell Inspiron 700m, and everything went fine apart
from the display: I can't get widescreen support. I select the Intel 855
chipset and generic 1280x800 lcd display from the options in the display
settings, but the resolution stays at 1024x768. I am missing something
obvious here, or a more subtle workaround for this problem?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Screen Resolution.
    ... > Please re-run the setup wizard and choose the appropriate options for ... > your LCD display. ... >> need to know how to get my settings back to the way they were. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Screen Resolution.
    ... Please re-run the setup wizard and choose the appropriate options for ... your LCD display. ... resolution. ... > need to know how to get my settings back to the way they were. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Sony DSC 717 Problem, please help
    ... You say you're tried several different settings. ... and yesterday the photos were really bad as the sample below. ... the images in the LCD display and the ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • RE: Dell Inspiron 1520 or 1521?
    ... Dell Inspiron 1520 or 1521? ... you don't find the Truelife to be too reflective? ... Great deal Tom. ... Which LCD display did you get at that price? ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)