Burning ISO image to CD-RW

From: Travis (trav1085_at_yahoo.ca)
Date: 11/26/05

    Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 03:31:42 GMT

    Just wondering if I need a blank writable CD-RW to burn an ISO image. Or if I can use one with some data on it (no music, video, just files written manually).

    And, do I just burn the ISO, and put the CD in the drive and leave it in a boot.

    -Travis

    • Re: Trick to burning a bootable Debian CD?
      ... >> Are there any freeware utilities to burn an ISO image to CD (e.g., ... contain Freedos or even the first part of a Windows installer. ... all you need to do is download the images and burn them to CD. ... This can be done in the same run of cdrecord as you ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Re Media Kit for fedora
      ... > fedora. ... but any of them that can burn ISO ... >> Are you telling it to burn a data dvd, a CD, an iso image, or burn the ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Newbie..I have my sign (Stupid) but need help
      ... After having successfully downloaded the ISO image, burn the image ... with your favorite burning application to a DVD or CD. ... but rather choose the option to burn an ISO image. ... boot from CD/DVD, open the BIOS setup to allow booting from CD or DVD. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Test iso without burning was: Re: virtual installation?
      ... >Is not the md5sum an adequate test? ... the .iso image to determine if it boots properly, ... So that I don't have to burn a CD and boot from it to find out. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • RE: Need help!
      ... Burn it as an ISO image. ... problem is that I cannot get it to boot when I burn it to CD, ... I am running Red Hat 9, have all the lasest RPM's, I even upgraded the ...
      (Fedora)