Tell installer to use swap

Hi,

I have an old pc with only 8mb of ram, and I want to install redhat 6.2 on it (I have another machine running same distro). The old pc have no cdrom, but ethernet adapter on parallel port (a d-link de 620), so I decided to try network installation.
Via nfs, installer exit after ~10 minutes with signal 9; via ftp installation hang up at "loading second stage ramdisk". I have looked over web and I think it maybe a low memory problem: there's a way to force installer to use a swap partion on hdd? (note: partition already exists on hdd, it was created by a previously redhat 5 installation).

Thanks and Regards,
Fabrizio

  • Cant Install - Kernel Panic
    ... I am trying to install RedHat 5.2 on an old ... After executing autoboot.bat, the installation ... VFS: Cannot open root device 08:22 ... What exactly is 08:22 and how do I fix this up? ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Cant Install - Kernel Panic
    ... > I am trying to install RedHat 5.2 on an old ... > After executing autoboot.bat, the installation ... > What exactly is 08:22 and how do I fix this up? ... If not then you can hardwire the root device using ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Cant install SuSE 9
    ... Rems Luc wrote: ... >> Also is it possible to install RedHat and then run SuSe installation from ... Thanks for your suggestion but I don't have that option in my BIOS. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Linux RH9 installation problem
    ... I am trying to install Redhat 9 on my laptop, ... I booted from the installation CD, and chose graphic installation, and ... and some other mode (kernel mode and ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: Cant install SuSE 9
    ... > Google for any clues as to what may be going wrong and applied any ... > Also is it possible to install RedHat and then run SuSe installation from ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)